Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Girl On The Train
Paula Hawkins


What a roller coaster ride. I honestly had no clue who did it till the very end. I love that in a book. This was brilliantly written and again people. .no comparison with Gone Girl. Rachel took the train everyday and she came to see a couple in their yard she started fantasizing about how happy they were and then one day she sees something the wife has done. I secretly think she took train to spy on ex husband who lives in same row complex . She thinks they have this picture perfect marriage ( Scott & Megan) she becomes involved in their life after a tragedy and falsely lets Scott believe she is Megan's friend. This is where all leads to disaster. like a train collision of very own. Rachel was lonely and a drinker unhappy with life . Her husband had an affair and married Anna and they lived in her old home and had a child together. something she could not give Tom. 
I felt sorry for her she was lonely and was looking for an escape into someone else's life .
Anna I disliked from the beginning and still disliked her in the end. Scott and Anna would be perfect together. both narcissistic in every way. They are not connected in anyway but should of been.
I highly recommend this book for a good mystery . Every page kept me wanting to know more. I will definately read more of her future books to come. I was not dissatisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment