Sunday, April 5, 2015

Hausfrau
Jill Alexander Essbaum

     I want to thank Random House Publishing Group and Net Galley for letting me read a unproofed read of this very well written book. I was not so sure I liked Anna. It seems Anna suffered a certain addiction like some are addicted to drugs,alcohol, shopping. Anna was addicted to feeling wanted.If it wasn't her husband it was someone else....too bad she wasn't so focused on her children the way she was with men. She had many secrets, sadness and I felt for her. Mary was probably her first female friend. She took a german class where she met Mary and Archie whom she had an affair with. She was always seeking male attention. It was sad, her husband was busy with his job and her one night with a man led to a terrible tragedy that she wasn't there for at home. Guilt drained her and as it should of.

This book was wonderful into the exploration of human mind and of how far one will go to get there needs met.
Thank you Random House for allowing me to read this fascinating but sad book.

No comments:

Post a Comment