Sunday, April 5, 2015

Aquarium
David Vann


    Thanks to Net Galley for providing me with an advance copy of this book. It was recommended by my good friend here on goodreads. Now this was very well written. Would I recommend this book?? I have been pondering this because it has some very difficult subject matter, a woman very mentally disturbed. I wasn't sure I was going to get through it because I feel pretty strong on some of things that were discussed in this book. Its not for everyone. Watching someone go through mental/physical abuse. Especially a child.

Caitlin loves the aquarium where she gets to see her favorite things..fish. I saw some really cool illustrations of fish and learned alot of interesting things about them. Caitlin is 12 years old instead of an after school program she goes through a dangerous section of neighborhood to get to her beloved fish. Where she befriends an older man....mot leading in that direction but just saying I had a deep hatred for her mother on so many levels.

But then Sheri never got to be a kid she had to take care of her sick mom growing up because dad couldn't handle it and ran off. I felt for her in that department and thats all. She could of turned her situation around to make it better for Caitlin. But she choose the feel sorry for me route. Her boyfriend should of intervened. 

I cant say much because I don't want to spoil things. Caitlin is a hero in my eyes because she survived and still stood her ground on her life choices. She didnt lose focus of her goals. Sheri...well Shere will always be Sheri.

No comments:

Post a Comment